I’ve always wanted to go on a Retreat, so when I got invited believe me I went. They were having it at The Compass Cove Ocean Front Resort in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. I needed to relax and get away from it all. There are many different types of Retreats such as Yoga, Spiritual, Adventure, and Nature just to name a few. The Retreat I went too was Spiritual. Here are my 5 Reason’s to go on a Spiritual Retreat.
1. Feeling Closer To God. to me is the most important reason to go. I wish you knew the feeling I had, it was just so over whelming, a total feeling of peace, and so much love.
2. Relaxing, oh it is. We were at Myrtle, Beach, South Carolina. For me just being at the beach is relaxing but when you combine this Retreat with that oh wow what a feeling.
3. You get to know yourself more mind, body, and soul. You get to take a look at your life and see what area’s need improvement. No one to think about but you. You think about the past, present, and the future.
4. You are free from everyday life. No paying bills, no cooking, no children, no husband/boyfriend. Just you and God.
5. You get to meet some wonderful people. You may be stranger’s when you meet but by the time you leave there will be many friendship’s formed.
My experience at the Spiritual Retreat was awesome. The Title was Becoming A Woman Of Purpose, out of the book of Esther 4:13-16. We had Praise and Worship. Round Table Discussion’s – Pursuing Character. Where I actually got up and discussed some verses of the Bible I was assigned. I was nervous but I enjoyed doing it. We also had a discussion on What does a Woman of Purpose Look Like? The ladies that talked told of different areas in their lives they know God changed them. Lastly there was a Intergenerational Panel – Women Growing in Christ. Women of all ages were telling us how they are Growing in Christ. There were women as young as 20 years old and 80 years of age at this Retreat. We ate, laughed, went to the beach, went to the pools and shopped all in the name of love. I really enjoyed it. So my question to you is.
When are you going on a Spiritual Retreat?